ACE dance and music is a national touring company and registered charity based in the UK.
We are an internationally recognised leader in the field of Contemporary African and Caribbean Dance. Our signature style is Afro-fusion – dance which is rooted in traditional forms yet expressed through a purely contemporary lens. By combining African & Caribbean movement aesthetics with contemporary techniques we create high quality innovative performance – always combining dance with original music and often using new digital media and techniques from other disciplines including theatre. We offer a full range of bespoke education and outreach programmes; deliver in-house studio based dance classes, and play host to ACE Youth – our youth dance company, with its own independent reputation for excellence. Education and outreach is not an add-on, it’s integral to our work.
ACE attract young audiences as well as dance enthusiasts. Audiences nationally and internationally have been blown away by our work. The physicality, technicality, engagement and artistic quality leave our audiences wanting more… ACE dance and music are funded by Arts Council England.
Post: Apprenticeship Administrative Assistant
Working hours per week: 30 hours @ over 5 days @ Monday – Saturday
Timeframe: The appointment will be initially on a 12 month fixed term contract March 2016 – February 2017
Salary: National Apprentice Rate @ £3.30p per hour
Special note: at the time of applying, applicants must be aged 16 to 24 years old and must be registered as unemployed with Jobcentre Plus.
We are looking for a young person aged 16-24yrs who is:
- A good communicator and positive approach to work.
- Computer literate in word, excel, publisher, knowledge of creative software packages.
- Good spelling, grammar, punctuation.
- Capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team, when required.
- An understanding of dance disciplines.
- Must be willing to work occasional Saturday’s, weekends and evenings, when required.
Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Administrative Job Description
ACE dance and music are looking for an organised individual to join their small & friendly team. This invaluable role will support the delivery and administration of the charity’s vibrant touring and education programme. Must be competent in Word, Excel and Publisher. An enthusiasm for working with children of all ages and communities is a must.
You will have some/proven organisational and administrative skills and be committed to developing the role in accordance with the evolving requirements of the organisation.
Purpose of the role: To carry out administrative duties relating to the activities and development of ACE dance and music in accordance with the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Support the administration of the organisation’s touring productions, marketing, education and community projects. This will involve; liaising with venues/ host organisations, maintaining appropriate records, and other duties as are deemed necessary.
- Be trained to become the first point of contact for all telephone enquiries.
- Undertaking administrative tasks that support the smooth running of the office.
- Provide front of house support to individuals and organisations hiring ACE’s studios during the day.
- Support ACE’s in-house education programme by: taking registers, class fees, coordinating termly feedback from class attendees.
- Research and create new contact databases, when required.
- Carry out research and map youth dance and other activities across Birmingham, as directed.
- Collate statistics for the ACE class programme and education workshops.
- Liaison with the other staff to research, create and maintain ACE’s databases and update records.
- Attending any meetings or sub-meetings as requested.
- Support the promotion of ACE dance and music work, as appropriate.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by ACE’s senior management team.
The apprentice will receive on-going guidance and support from ACE’s administrative team.
To find out more or make an enquiry about the post
Tel: 0121 314 5830 or email email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 1st March 2016
Interview date: to be confirmed
ACE anticipate an immediate start in March 2016 for the successful candidate (actual date to be confirmed)
Forward an up to date CV along with a supporting letter explaining why you are interested in working with ACE dance and music and the skills you feel you would bring to the role.
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org