ACE dance and music is a national touring company and registered charity based in the UK.
We are an internationally recognised leader in the field of Contemporary African and Caribbean Dance. Our signature style is Afro-fusion – dance which is rooted in traditional forms yet expressed through a purely contemporary lens. By combining African & Caribbean movement aesthetics with contemporary techniques we create high quality innovative performance – always combining dance with original music and often using new digital media and techniques from other disciplines including theatre. We offer a full range of bespoke education and outreach programmes; deliver in-house studio based dance classes, and play host to ACE Youth – our youth dance company, with its own independent reputation for excellence. Education and outreach is not an add-on, it’s integral to our work.
ACE attract young audiences as well as dance enthusiasts. Audiences nationally and internationally have been blown away by our work. The physicality, technicality, engagement and artistic quality leave our audiences wanting more… ACE dance and music are funded by Arts Council England.
Post: Marketing Intern
Working hours per week: 30 hours @ over 5 days @ Monday – Saturday
Timeframe: The appointment will be initially on a six month fixed term contract March – August 2016 (final dates to tbc)
Salary: National minimum wage @ £6.70p per hour
Special note: at the time of applying, applicants must be aged 18 to 24 years old and must be registered as unemployed with Jobcentre Plus.
We are looking for a young person aged 18 to 24 years who is:
- A good communicator.
- Computer literate in word, excel, publisher, knowledge of creative software packages.
- Good spelling, grammar, punctuation.
- Plenty of initiative; able to work on their own and as part of a team, when required.
- Must have an aptitude and enthusiasm for social media.
- An understanding of dance disciplines.
- Must be willing to work occasional Saturday’s, weekends and evenings, when required.
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Digital Marketing Job Description
ACE dance and music are looking for an enthusiastic & driven individual to join their small & friendly team. You will update our web content, help maintain our social media sites, SEO, create blog posts, support and lead on some our digital marketing campaigns.
Purpose of the role:
To live and breathe social media within the company by carrying out the following:
- Market the business on social media sites.
- Content creation: WebPages, blogs, articles, newsletters etc.
- Internally manage social media campaigns on a day to day basis on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram as well as weekly updates of the blog and portfolio.
- Liaise with marketing contacts at tour venues in consultation with the Producer.
- Liaise with arts professionals, other arts organisation, educationalists and a wide variety of youth and community organisations (with support of the senior management team) in order to promote and market the work of ACE to new audiences.
- Write social media updates, e-newsletters.
- Developing new marketing databases for the company.
- When required, support filming rehearsals, taking photographs of work rehearsals in the studio.
- Prepare press releases, copy writing for relevant ACE activities, in consultation with the Artistic Director.
- Coordinate and support the preparation and publication of event programmes and other literature.
- Liaise with touring venues to collect box office data.
- Google analytics monitoring.
- Website health checks.
- Market the business on social media sites.
- Proof read website content, test websites to identify any issues before they are signed off.
- Attending any meetings or sub-meetings as requested.
- General marketing duties and filing of paperwork and letters.
- Office duties and general admin, as required.
The successful intern will receive on-going support and be trained in-house and managed by ACE’s senior management team.
To find out more or make an enquiry about the post
Tel: 0121 314 5830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 1st March 2016.
Interview date: to be confirmed
Note: ACE dance and music anticipate an immediate start in March 2016 for the successful candidate (actual date to be confirmed).
Forward an up to date CV along with a supporting letter explaining why you are interested in working with ACE dance and music and the skills you feel you would bring to the role.
Email your application to: email@example.com